Tuesday, March 3, 2009

yesterday I drank tea....

I hate tea. A lot. It smells wonderful. People always tell me what wonderful healing powers it has. To me...it tastes like bath water. Why anyone would chose to put something that tastes like that in their mouth is beyond me (insert disgusting joke here)

The winter doldrums have definitely gotten a full hold on me. I am cold (the reason for the tea), tired, getting sick for what feels like the hundredth time. My skin is dry and so pale I am giving the Irish a bad name, even my freckles have gone into hibernation! My hair feels like straw.....what am I doing in New England? When do I leave for vacation? Why am I not lying on the beach as I type?

Fridays come and all I want to do is crawl into bed and pull the covers over my head. Why is it this is the day everyone wants to head out to "play"? Fridays at five I revert to the dangerous pre-caffeine version of myself. Can I rally and head out into the world...yes. Is it always the best idea....NO. This is usually when I do the best job of putting my foot in my mouth. Exhaustion is far worse than a couple of drinks for me. Combine them.....LOOK OUT!

I have been writing here a bunch in the past two weeks. Please notice that you see no entries. I have been noticing that even my overall attitude is grouchier than usual (insert gasps from holding back the inevitable snide comment). "If you have nothing nice to say~don't say anything at all" I have remained very quiet.

There is this rumor that spring is right around the corner. I think it needs a map and a good pair of running shoes. This is getting ridiculous. Snow? Again? Have we not endured enough? I think I will sit back, hold my delicious smelling mug of apple cinnamon tea and wait for some sunshine, perhaps a glimmer of grass and 60 degree temperatures before commenting on the world and how I see it........

Until then....stay warm =)

No comments:

Post a Comment