Thursday, May 7, 2009

I have a DATE!

Ha,ha....not that kind of date...a closing date! So much better than boys! Looks like on June 5th I will officially be a homeowner! Then the fun begins! I get to rip things apart, tear down walls, rip up stinky carpet, get rid of morgue lights (those old florescent boxes that make everyone look dead) and some 1976 wood paneling. I'm even trying my hand at some sheet rocking (thank you Steve~I hope you are a patient man)

Yellow laminate countertops will be a thing of the past (oh wait...)

This has been a bit of a rocky road. I feel like all I have been doing lately is eating, sleeping, working and yelling at people. Who knew you had to call a bank every day to get them to take your deposit? It took speaking with a lovely woman while almost in tears to get anyone to listen to me.

It also seemed like every time I actually found the time, energy and good mood to go out....my landlord (the seller) knew. I think she was raining on my parade for sport. I would be dressed and ready to head out to have some much deserved fun and there she was; on the phone or worse....on the porch! I think she is the reason I drink. I know she is the reason I fear going home.

But it looks like it is all starting to pay off. I feel better. Calmer. Like I'm getting somewhere. For the most part, I have done this by myself. While working full time. Think it sounds easy? Try it. I dare you. I have been lucky this time around though. I have someone in my life at the moment that has been a bit of a source of sanity. Someone I can go to when I need advise and can help steer me in the right direction. He has yet to fail me with his advise and recommendations. I have gotten complements from my two best girlfriends when they would ask how things are going....and they often were not going well.....that I was oddly calm. I have someone to blame for that. It has been great. I would have lost my mind. Seriously. Gone.

Thank You Someone. Maybe someday I can repay the favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment